The NCPTW preview program has been in the hands of NCPTW presenters for just about a week now, so the NCPTW2015 co-chairs Andrea Malouf, Chris LeCluyse, and Clint Gardner think that this is an opportune time to release the preview program for public viewing. If you visit http://bit.ly/1NKVCPP you will be able to see the breadth and depth of the program in a Google Sheets spreadsheet. We have over 200 presentations and round tables over 2 days (Friday, November 6 and Saturday November 7, 2015). We also have an excellent Sunday morning of intensive workshops (November 8).
There are many other exciting events at the conference:
- A sold out Psychogeography Tour of area writing centers where participants will travel around the Salt Lake Valley visiting the SLCC Community Writing Center, Westminster College Writing Center, and Salt Lake Community College Student Writing Center. Participants will be invited to reflect on the impact that space and location has on writing center work
- An opening reception on Thursday where you can greet old friends and meet new ones.
- Jackie Grutsch McKinney will set the keynote for the conference with her address “On Elephants, Writing Center Tutors, and Other Misunderstood Creatures.”
- On Friday night we will have the first ever TutorCon: For, About, and By Peer Writing Tutors. Peer writing tutors are invited to join together for an evening of fun activities, music, great raffle prizes, and light refreshments.
- On Saturday, we will have several special interest groups (SIGs): LGBTQ, anti-racism activism, high school writing centers, and language policy.
- We’ll also have a wrap-up session on Sunday to reflect on how we can take our NCPTW experience forward into our writing center work.
In case you don’t want to click around, here are some handy links to get you going:
- Overall schedule: http://ncptw2015.org/outline-schedule/
- Registration: http://ncptw2015.org/register/
- Hotel reservations: http://ncptw2015.org/accommodations/ (hurry now to reserve your room—they are going fast!)
- More about Jackie Grutsch McKinney: http://ncptw2015.org/keynote-speaker/
- SLC Travel information: http://ncptw2015.org/travel/
- Exploring SLC: http://ncptw2015.org/location/
We’re looking forward to seeing you all in Salt Lake in November!